Monthly Feature! March’s most popular question…

QUESTION. I traveled to the U.S. last year under the Visa Waiver Program with an ESTA, now I want to go again.  Do I need a new ESTA?  Do I need to update my travel details? How do I do that?

ANSWER. The ESTA registration is valid for 2 years, or until your passport expires, whichever is shorter.  We recommend that travelers retain a record of the ESTA registration number, and check the validity of their ESTA before their new travel date.

You are not required to update your travel details each time you travel to the United States.

However, if you wish to do so, you can visit update your travel details there.  You will need to have your passport number, registration number and date of birth to hand in order to retrieve your authorization.