Did you know that there has been a big increase foreign companies setting up green projects in the UK? The UK is touting 1,773 projects over the last year which could create 31,261 jobs, according to UK officials. Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Danny Alexander MP, is committed to raising these numbers and has launched a guide to investing in UK infrastructure at the Commonwealth Games Business Conference in Glasgow. The outline included 14 individual infrastructure programs and projects worth over £15 billion that are open to investment. Six out of 11 are clean energy related!
- Estover Energy – who are developing a number of new small‐scale Combined Heat & Power plants.
- The Green Investment Bank Offshore Wind investment Fund – which is seeking to partner with third-party institutional capital.
- Carnbroe Energy From Waste Plant – which when operational will produce 22MW of electricity from waste.
- Naert na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Farm – which has pre-qualified for a UK Guarantee from the Government and which is expected to be under construction by 2015.
- Tender Round Three for the Offshore Transmission Regime – which will allow investors to invest in the transmission assets of the Westermost Rough and Humber Gateway offshore wind Farms.
- Moray Firth & Inch Cape –two offshore Wind Farms in Scotland, each set to generate over 1000MW of electricity.
To learn more about the UK’s other investment opportunities please click here.